Gwynedd Valley, Pa. -- The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford women's basketball team was unable to get their offense started in the consolation game of the Gwynedd Mercy Tip-Off Tournament as their opponents, Ursinus College began the game with an 18-2 run and did not look back.
- The Panthers were held scoreless for the first 4 minutes of action until Lyric Collins made a lay-up inside. The Panthers only added 2 other field goals and a free throw in the quarter as they were outscored 29-7.
- The Panther offense continued to struggle in the second, again being limited to 7 points. Shirleah Ragin and Daizjah Brown made two point field goals and Cassidy King added a three.
- Pitt-Bradford hit 10 out of 16 free throws in the third quarter.
- They were able to win the final quarter, outscoring the Bears 18-11 in the 4th. They scored the first 7 points of the period to get off to a better start.
- The Panthers were able to improve their turnover numbers from the previous day. After committing 40 on Friday night, they finished with 12 on Saturday.
- Shaelyn Snipes was the leading scorer for the Panthers, finishing with 13. She also grabbed 4 rebounds and had 4 steals.
- Shirleah Ragin also finished in double figures with 12 points.
- Ashley Hall led the rebounding effort, collecting 8 in the game.
The Panthers are now 0-3 on the season. They will have their home opener next Saturday as they host John Carroll University with tip off scheduled for 2:00 p.m.