Gwynedd Valley, Pa. -- The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford women's basketball team was defeated by the hosts in the Gwynedd Mercy Tip-Off Tournament on Friday Evening. Facing a tough pressing defense, the Panthers turned the ball over 40 times on the way to a 103-73 loss.
- The Panthers got off to a slow start, falling behind 10-3, however they held the Griffins to 3 points over a 4 minute span which allowed them to cut the lead to only 1 point.
- At 8:10 in the second, a Shirleah Ragin three moved the Panthers to within 4 points, however the Griffins quickly scored 10 straight to push ahead of the Panthers.
- The Panthers trailed by 14 at the half, and were only able to move within 12 points of the hosts.
- The Griffins pressing defense forced the Panthers into 40 turnovers. The Panthers forced Gwynedd Mercy into 14.
- The Panthers outrebounded the Griffins 71-48 including 23 offensive rebounds.
- Jenna Hicks led the Panthers with 18 points and 16 rebounds. She grabbed 8 rebounds on each end of the floor.
- Shirleah Ragin also recorded a double-double for the Panthers. She finished with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
- Jasmin Miller also finished in double figures with 13 points.
The Panthers move to 0-2 on the season. They will take on the loser of the second game of the tournament between Ursinus and Scranton. Tip-off is scheduled for Noon tomorrow.