The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford men and women's swimming teams finished second at the 2-day Erie Community College Invitational. Competing against swimmers from Monroe Community College and Erie Community College, the Panthers were able to score 437 points on the mens side and 87 points on the women's to finish with a combined 524.
- The Panthers were able to win 5 Individual events and took second in 8 others.
- Carey Behm dominated the distance events. He won the 1650 yard freestyle with a time of 18:41.90, which was just under 4 minutes faster than the nearest competitor. He also took the 500 freestyle, in 5:12.73.
- Tyler Sortore won both men's backstroke events. He swam the 100 in 1:06.64 and the 200 in 2:12.41.
- Adriana Gallas won the lone event for the women's team. She won the 100 yd breaststroke in 1:33.00.
- Christopher Troll recorded 2nd place finishes in the 200 IM, and 100 butterfly.
- Lauryn Kahle finished 2nd in the 50 yard freestyle sprint.
Head coach Chelsea Schwab said, " All of our athletes had great swims and continue to improve. We look to continue this momentum into our training over the holidays, before we return to action in January."
Both swimming teams have completed the fall portion of their schedule. Their competitive season will resume on January 11th, at a tri-meet with Buffalo State and Wells.