Bradford, Pa. -- The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford men's basketball team was able to erase a 10-point second half deficit, but was unable to complete the comeback, falling to Hilbert 81-78.
- The Panthers were able to strike first as Jeff Fry and Nick Carmichael hit buckets inside to go up 4-2, however that would be the largest lead for the Panthers for the remainder of the game.
- Both squads got off to a slow offensive start, as both teams were still in single digits 7 minutes into the contest.
- Down 10 with 1:50 Pitt-Bradford outscored the Hawks 8-2 in the final minutes of the half. Justin Kusiappouh hit a lay-up inside and Alex Rodriguez hit back to back threes to head to halftime with Hilbert leading 42-38.
- The Hawks responded after the break, rebuilding their 10 point lead in the first 5 minutes of the second.
- Both teams were unable to put together back to back baskets through the middle of the second half, as the lead fluctuated between 9 and 7 points until a Daniel Lynch 3 point play put the Panthers down 4.
- With just under 4 minutes to go Kusiappouh hit two threes around a hilbert bucket to tie the game at 72.
- After swapping free throws, Hilbert hit a three pointer with just over a minute to go.
- With 9 seconds left, Kusiappouh and Lynch both made 2 clutch free throws a piece in the final 10 seconds, but the Hawks also made their free throws to put the game away.
- Justin Kusiappouh led all scorers with 24 points, a career high for the Senior. He also pulled in a game high 13 rebounds, to mark his 3rd double-double in 4 outings this season. He went 6-12 from the field, including 3-3 from 3 and 9-10 from the line.
- Daniel Lynch was the only other Panther to finish in double figures. He scored 10 points on 3-5 from the field and 4-5 from the charity stripe.
- Gavin Boggs led the Panthers with 5 assists.
- The Panthers once again shot above their season averages as a team. They shot 45% from the field and 53.3% from three. They also hit 16 of 19 free throws.
The Panthers (1-3, 0-1 AMCC) will have a week to enjoy the holiday before returning to the KOA Arena for another AMCC match-up. They will host Alfred State on Wednesday December 4th, with the tip-off scheduled for 6:00 p.m.