BRADFORD, Pa. – The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford women's tennis team will travel for a pair of Alleghany Mountain Collegiate Conference matches this weekend, first heading to Penn State-Altoona Saturday and Mount Aloysius Sunday.
Pitt-Bradford is coming off a 5-4 win over La Roche on Saturday, both the team's first win and conference victory of the season.
Pitt-Bradford swept the doubles competition, as the No. 1 team of Alexa Holleran and Ashley Stoltz won 8-4, and the No. 2 team of Maya Bingaman and Jessica Jordan won 8-6. The Panthers picked up a forfeit win in the No. 3 spot to round out the doubles scoring.
In singles action, Stoltz stayed perfect on the year, improving to 5-0. Capitalizing on her perfect record, she earned a perfect 6-0, 6-0 score in today's No. 4 victory.
For her performance last week, Stoltz was named the AMCC Player of the Week. She has gone unbeaten in singles action so far this season at 5-0 and has captured wins in two straight doubles matches.
Action at Penn State-Altoona will begin at 1 p.m. while Sunday's match at Mount Aloysius is set to begin at 2 p.m.
About Penn State-Altoona:
- The Penn State-Altoona Lions welcome the Panthers with a 2-4 record.
- Altoona has earned both of its wins against AMCC opponents, first defeating D'Youville (Sept. 9) then coming out on top over Penn State-Behrend (Sept. 15).
- Brayley Lewis, Victoria Acker and Annie Ruggles all lead the team with 3-3 singles records this season.
- The No. 2 doubles team of Ruggles and Lewis have shared the most success on the team so far three victories.
About Mount Aloysius:
- The Mount Aloysius Mounties hold a 2-4 record heading into the weekend.
- Like PSA, the Mounties have claimed both wins over AMCC opponents, first defeating D'Youville (Sept. 10) and most recently coming out on top over Pitt-Greensburg (Sept. 17).
- Mackenzie Roush leads the team with four singles wins, and Emily Goldyn, Joselyn Walters and Maggie Willason have three singles victories.
- The No. 1 doubles team of Goldyn and Walters has been the most successful at 3-2 so far this year.