BRADFORD, Pa. – The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford women's tennis team will play a pair of Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference home matches this week, hosting Medaille on Wednesday and La Roche on Saturday.
The Panthers are coming off a defeat in their home opener against Houghton on Monday. Ashley Stoltz came away with the lone Panthers victory, earning a win in No. 4 singles, 8-6.
Stoltz has been perfect for the Panthers in singles action, posting a 3-0 record from the No. 4 spot.
Jessica Jordan has won a pair of singles matches out of the No. 6 spot in her first collegiate season.
Wednesday's match vs. Medaille will be at 6 p.m., and the action on Saturday against La Roche will begin at 12 p.m.
- Medaille comes to town red hot. After falling to Penn State-Behrend in its season opener, the Mavericks have won three straight – all against AMCC opponents.
- The Mavericks won at D'Youville (Sept. 7), vs. Mount Aloysius (Sept. 9) and most recently against Penn State-Altoona (Sept. 10) all by scored of 6-3.
- Madison Knapp, Cho Thiri Tun and Katherine Turner have all gotten off to strong starts for the Mavericks with 3-1 records in singles action.
- Jasmine Mott plays in the No. 1 spot for the Mavericks and has picked up a pair of wins so far.
- The doubles team of Tun and Turner has been perfect so far this season with a 4-0 mark.
About La Roche:
- The La Roche Redhawks will come to Pitt-Bradford after first welcoming Pitt-Greensburg on Friday.
- La Roche has fallen in its first three matches, first at Geneva (Sept. 5), vs. Franciscan (Sept. 8) and at Penn State-Behrend (Sept. 9).
- In the Red Hawks' most recent match at PSB, the two teams battled for a close match of 5-4.
- La Roche's No. 2 doubles team of Miranda Lasher and Kylie Banister came out on top in dominant fashion, 8-0.
- Rochelle Selzer (No. 3) came out victorious in singles action with a perfect 6-0, 6-0 score. Lasher (No. 4) was nearly blemish free at 6-1, 6-0 and Rebecca Franks (No. 5) came out on top at 6-3, 6-2.