BRADFORD, Pa. – The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford will wrap up its four-game homestand on Saturday as Juniata comes to the Kessel Athletics Complex.
Pitt-Bradford is coming off its best offensive performance of the season Wednesday as it worked a draw with Alfred State, 3-3.
Ryuta Hayakawa scored two goals Wednesday. For his first goal, he received a through ball and danced around multiple defenders before juking out the keeper and putting the ball in the back of the net. The Kyoto, Japan, native's second goal came on a penalty kick with just under ten minutes to play, giving the Panthers a late 3-2 lead.
The other Panthers' goal came in the first nine minutes of the game as Steve McFetridge rifled a shot off a corner kick from just outside the box into the upper-left corner.
Derrick Brock – last week's Alleghany Mountain Collegiate Conference's Defensive Player of the Week – leads the AMCC with 47 saves.
Saturday's game kicks off at 3 p.m.
- The Juniata Eagles come to the Kessel Athletics Complex with a 0-3-2 record.
- The Eagles most recently fell at home to AMCC rival Mt. Aloysius on Wednesday, 2-1.
- Wyatt Page leads the squad with a pair of goals. Joe Stipe has also scored for Juniata.
- Page also leads the team with 11 shot attempts.
- In goal, Andrew Yeich has played the majority of the minutes on the pitch so far this season with 410. He has started all five games and has made 19 saves while surrendering 12 goals. Jacob Owings has played 90 total minutes, appearing in two separate games. He's made three saves and given up as many goals.